Early last year I wrote about a DIY light tent setup that I used for some product shots. Some more additions were added to the range so out came the (slightly tattered) but still functional cardboard cut-out light tent. Unfortunately setting up the same way as last time with the flash aimed down through the top of the box didn’t yield the same results.
During a break to think about what to do next, a shot was fired with the flash randomly pointing upwards. Lo and behold, the photo turned out relatively even, which kind of makes sense given the light was now bouncing off the ceiling. Adding the umbrella on top helped diffuse the light even more and with some slight tweaking, the shots managed to closely match the last ones.